Last Update: October 5, 2016
When we say “we”, “our” or “us”, we mean collectively:
• the main ALWAYS UTTORI site (alwaysuttori.com) and each of our local social media channels (e.g., facebook, Instagram, tumblr, twitter, and others)
• the email publications prepared and delivered by us to our members
When we refer to “personal information”, we mean information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and our social media channels, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. Any personal information you provide to us is maintained on secure servers and our internal systems.
Our primary goal in collecting information (if we do collect information, which is rare) is to provide you, the user, with a better experience on our sites. This includes contest development, interactive communications, trend forecasting, blog post development, and many other types of services, all of which are completely free to you.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
• Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number);
• Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites;
• Any content (e.g., comments, photographs, information and other materials) that you post directly on our sites (please note that any personal information you submit can be read, collected or used by others; accordingly, please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions);
• Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs;
• Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications (note: when you use one of our applications on your mobile device you may be able to choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer);
• Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, we may use “cookies,” “device identifiers” or similar types of technology (e.g., pixels tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, and local storage) to collect information about your use of our sites. We may use this information to help us enhance the efficiency and usefulness of our sites, to customize your visit to our sites, and for other purposes to make your visit more convenient or to enable us to enhance our services. For your information, “cookies” are files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by a website, and “device identifiers” are files that are stored on your mobile device that identify your device. In addition, we may use third parties to provide products and services to you through our sites. These third parties may employ cookies, device identifiers, or similar technologies (For example, WordPress is a third party service provider). Note: most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Finally, your mobile device may provide you with information and choices on what data is shared with us.
When you visit our sites, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the computer operating system or mobile device that you use to access our sites, your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer, the date and time that you access our sites, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our sites, search terms that visitors use to reach our sites, information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns) and links and advertisements that you click on within our sites and other technical information that assists us in improving our services.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). We do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information unless you have first been provided with abundant notice of and given us your prior affirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to that merger. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie).
We DO NOT Use the Information We Collect in the Following Manner:
Apart from the extraordinary circumstance of a sale of our entire company in a merger or similar type of transaction, ALWAYS UTTORI/I’MARI AVEY will never rent or sell Your PERSONAL INFORMATION. We appreciate your support of our blog, and we promise not to abuse that trust. We make this promise because we understand just how much you value your privacy.
How We DO Use the Information We Collect:
We use the personal information you provide to us in several ways. Some examples follow:
• Register you for membership at our website(s), and manage and maintain your account on the sites;
• Blog on topics that you request;
• Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
• Communicate with you about our posts, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you;
• Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media;
• Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions;
• Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets;
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
• Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites;
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
• Provide, improve, test, and monitor our sites;
• Diagnose or fix technology problems;
• Manage our business;
• Enforce our sites’ Terms and Conditions; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal or fraudulent activity.
Links to Other Websites; Social Media
How to Unsubscribe to ALWAYS UTTORI Emails:
You can unsubscribe from receiving ALWAYS UTTORI emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any ALWAYS UTTORI email and following the instructions. You can also unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the ALWAYS UTTORI homepage and following the instructions.
How We Protect Personal Information
We do not download personally identifiable information about Always Uttori subscribers to our servers. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that personal information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
While we implement these and other security measures on our sites, please note that 100% security is not always possible. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. You play a role in protecting your information as well. Because your password permits access to your personal information, please keep your password secret and do not disclose it to others.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children. Accordingly, we do not direct our websites to children under the age of thirteen. We do not maintain data on a user under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
Attn: Chief Technology Officer
15050 Cedar Avenue South, #116-306
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Copyright © 2017 / ALWAYS UTTORI / All Rights Reserved